you need the following files in your TOMCAT_HOME\conf dir:

workers2.properties

Mine contains:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define the communication channel
[shm]
file=C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\logs\shm.file
size=1048576

[channel.socket:127.0.0.1:8009]
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket
tomcatId=localhost:8009

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/examples/*]
info=Map the whole webapp

[uri:/admin/*]

[uri:/manager/*]