u see that's the problem. this is what i have in tomcat\conf

web_22.dtd
tld_11.dtd
web_23.dtd
tld_12.dtd
catalina.policy
tomcat-users.xml
web.xml
server.xml

and this is whats in  tomcat\server\lib

warp.jar
catalina.jar
jaxp.jar
jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar
crimson.jar

i think i forgot to mention that im on win2k platform.

Regards,

Muhammad Sohail
Assistant Programmer Analyst
SSD, UBL I.T & T Division, Karachi