From: Loyd Bacani [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 11:50 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: How to setup JAASRealm in Tomcat 4.x.x

As I mentioned below, I found most of these information about JAAS using
Google (googling). But couldn't find the document(s) or information
which would help me setup JAASRealm in Tomcat 4.1.x. Basically, what
setup procedures nneds to be followed to enable JAASRealm in Tomcat
4.1.x. I know where to set it up (in tc/conf/server.xml) but what are
the other things that I need to tie it all together.

I hope this makes my question a bit clearer... I'm praying Craig is
listening... HELP.

Jacob Kjome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

How about this:
http://free.tagish.net/jaas/
or
http://www.simind.com/
or
http://www.cafesoft.com/

And, of course, Tomcat's documentation...
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/valve.html#Single
%20Sign%20On%20Valve
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html#Single%
20Sign%20On
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/catalina/docs/api/org/ap
ache/catalina/authenticator/SingleSignOn.html

See Java j2sdk1.4.x docs on JAAS
http://java.sun.com/products/jaas/index-14.html

See a Java Forums discussion about JAAS
http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?thread=131056&forum=60&message=3452
78

Here's a Tech-tips article on JAAS
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/JDCTechTips/2001/tt0727.html

Here's an O'Reilly tutorial on JAAS
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/d/861

Here's some DevX resources on JAAS
http://www.devx.com/getHelpOn/Article/9915/0/page/1

The Tomcat Security Handbook also covers JASS
http://www.bookpool.com/.x/txi8wch9x8/sm/1861008309

BTW, most of this was all found within a few minutes on Google.

Jake