one way of doing it is

Step 1 - Install OpenSSL 0.9.6g
-------------------------------
a) Copy the file <SOFTWARE_DIR>/software/apache-ssl/openssl-0.9.6g.tar.gz to
/tmp
b) Extract the file using the tar command
-  "cd /tmp"
-  "tar zxvf openssl-0.9.6g.tar.gz"
c) Configure the software (make sure to substitute the <OPEN_SSL_DIR>
variable)
-  "cd openssl-0.9.6g"
-  "./config --prefix=<OPEN_SSL_DIR>
d) Build the open ssl software
-  "make"
-  "make test"
-  "make install"

Step 2 - Install Apache 2.0.43
------------------------------
a) Copy the file <SOFTWARE_DIR>/software/apache-ssl/httpd-2.0.43.tar.gz to
/tmp
b) Extract the file using the tar command
-  "cd /tmp"
-  "tar zxvf httpd-2.0.43.tar.gz"
c) Configure the software (make sure to substitute the <APACHE_INST_DIR> and
<OPEN_SSL_DIR> variables)
-  "cd httpd-2.0.43"
-

"./configure --prefix=<APACHE_INST_DIR> --with-ssl=<OPEN_SSL_DIR> --enable-s
sl=static --enable-mods-shared=all --with-mpm=worker --enable-proxy=shared"

d) Build the Apache server
-  "make"
-  "make install"

e) Copy the ssl test certificates into the conf directory (make sure to
substitute the <APACHE_INST_DIR> and <OPEN_SSL_DIR> variables)
-  "cp -R <SOFTWARE_DIR>/software/apache-ssl/ssl-test-certificates/ssl.*
<APACHE_INST_DIR>/conf/"

f) Start the server (make sure to substitute the <APACHE_INST_DIR> and
<OPEN_SSL_DIR> variables)
-  "<APACHE_INST_DIR>/bin/apachectl startssl"