Hello,

>On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:06, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> <servlet-mapping>
>> <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
>> <url-pattern>/*.html</url-pattern>
>> </servlet-mapping>

>Tomcat is doing exactly what you are telling it to do with the above, I
can't
>see any reason you would want the above mapping unless you were disabling
all
>access to .html files or something like that.
>Just comment out the above and you should be good to go.

i thought that the "default" servlet is the servlet that serves static html
files. Removing that mappings does not change the behaviour at all.
If I access any html  file like: http://localhost:8080/file.html i will get
always my servlet responding,  ie my servlet is always invoked, whatever i
write after the '/' char in the URL :|

Any other tips?

luca