AFAIK, no. If the JSP/servlet was writing to stream - the browser closing the connection could trigger an IO eventually. Of you can "luck out" with a recursive loop and end up with a stack overflow.

But if you are in a tight loop like this:
while(true) {
  int foo=1;
}

Then you are out of most likely luck.

Killing threads in the JVM is "unsafe". See the java.lang.Thread for details why.

-Tim

anto paul wrote:
Hi
Is there any way to stop the execution of a JSP page on a remote server
? Today by mistake I wrote code which print inside a while loop. By mistake
I increased the counter instead of decreasing it. How I can stop the
execution of the page. Tomcat is running in another machine which I have no
physical access.
Regards
Anto paul