First, if you have Apache 2.0.46, you won't be able to use the mod_jk binary file that is marked for use with 2.0.46. I had to use mod_jk-2.0.43 instead, I am not sure why.

Second, please post the relevant portions of your server.xml file that generate mod_jk.conf. It does work, so if it isn't working for you, there's either something wrong with your server.xml or there is something tweaked on your system, like no write permissions to a directory.

John