I have already added that one, plus

- ReflectPermission "suppressAccessChecks" for a commons-beanutils bug
- FilePermission for log4j

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Bainbridge [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: June 23, 2003 3:48 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [REPOST]Tomcat with security manager + NoClassDefFoundError

Was just doing a bit of reading:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/installation.html

Running Struts Applications Under A Security Manager

Many application servers execute web applications under the control of a
Java
security manager, with restricted permissions on what classes in the web
application can do. If you utilize form beans with mapped properties, you
may
encounter security exceptions unless you add the following permission to the

set of permissions granted to your Struts application's codebase:

permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "accessDeclaredMembers";

It still seems strange though that it was throwing a NoClassDefFoundError,
can
you maybe try the above as an alternative fix and see if that resolves the
problem?

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge