OK, I finally have tomcat starting without any errors.  But I still have one
jsp that barfs.  From catalina.out:

%%%% FILE = /var/jakarta/tomcat/app1.properties
Setting up Properties 0A
Setting up Properties 0B
Setting up Properties 1
Setting up Properties 2
Setting up Properties 3
Setting up Properties 4
The user type ---> R
*******  ******* /var/jakarta/tomcat System.getProperty('catalina.home')
Client Id ---> 23462
Query to be executed to get the URL ---> SELECT web.url FROM webinterface web,
webclientinterface interface WHERE web.interfaceid = interface.interfaceid
AND interface.cltid = 23462
URL to be redirected ---> dpsi-corp.com
 select cltid, custname, altcltcd , level  from clientcustmas  where
activeflag = 'Y'  start with cltid = 23462 connect by prior cltid = pcltid
order by altcltcd 09072002
&&&& 0  select header, companylogo, companyname, siteName, contactphone,
contactemail  from   webprivatelabelinfo  where sitename =
'staging.dpsi-corp.com'
Jun 24, 2003 4:19:46 PM org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler action
INFO: RESET

app1.properties tells JDBC were to find the oracle database.

Any ideas where to start looking?

The System:
  Redhat 7.2
  Apache 1.3.22