How do you redirect HTTP to HTTPS in a Tomcat Standalone configuration (no
Apache WS)? This configuration serves static web content on port 80 and
JSP/Java Servlets on port 8080.  I would like requests coming in on port 80
to be routed to HTTPS automatically.  Although the HTTP connectors are
configured to redirect to port 8443, it's not working.  I tried adding a
<security-constraint> parameter to $CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml and set the
transport to CONFIDENTIAL, but that didn't work.  Any ideas?

(P.S.)  Could the directory structure for the web app be the cause of the
problem (i.e. there is no /WEB-INF folder)?

Latesha Williams
Applications Support, Information Technology
American Museum of Natural History
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(W) 212.769.5947
(C) 917.837.2460