Yes, I have this

  <session-config>
    <session-timeout>-1</session-timeout>    <!-- no timeout -->
  </session-config>

but the session cookie is always a browser session cookie. :(

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 10:12:06 -0400
 "Shapira, Yoav" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Howdy,
> Modify session-config in web.xml.  -1 (never expire) is a possible
> legal
> value.  See the Servlet Specification for more details.
>
> Yoav Shapira
> Millennium ChemInformatics

July 02, 2003 10:08 AM
> >To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Subject: Session Persistence + tomcat 4.1.24
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >I would like to use persistent sessions with tomcat 4.1.24, but I
> wonder
> >why the tomcat session cookie is only a browser session cookie. How
> can
> >I configure the expiry date of the session cookies?
> >
> >Thanks
> >Torsten

> printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not the(an)
> intended recipient, please immediately delete this e-mail from your
> computer system and notify the sender.  Thank you.

Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Liermann          Tel: +49 172/8314436
Fuchsweg 76                          Fax: +49 8106/358047
85598 Baldham                       http://liermann-it.de