That said, I have had no problems with JK and see no reason to use JK2, but that's me.

JK is pretty basic...the logs will tell you what's going on, and if they don't then Apache's own logs will.

John

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:19:56 -0700, James Courtney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Thanks John,
So you don't think that using the src distribution of the connectors provided with Tomcat 4.1.24 is advisable? I'll see if I can get some log information representing my lack of functionality but honestly mod_jk seems even less verbose than mod_jk2 with logging errors even with the CoyoteConnector set to debug=10 and the JkLogLevel set to debug. I'll see if I can formulate something more concrete for your guys then. I'm only looking at mod_jk because we've had problems with our mod_jk2 installation. Do you have any thoughts on mod_jk2 and it's maturity? Many thanks!

Jamey

-----Original Message-----
From: John Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 5:23 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: mod_jk and Coyote connector

Yes, CoyoteConnector fully supports JK. Its what I use in production. I would avoid Ajp13Connector, unless you need it.

I would use the actual source for the connectors:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/

If you want ot post your JK problems to the list, we can help. Many, many people are using JK and are quite happy with it. I know I am.

John