Howdy,
Commons-pool is a generic pooling framework.  It's not specific (and in fact
not that good, because of sync issues) for threads.  Similarly, it's not
specific to Processes.  You would just use GenericObjectPool.  If you want to
synchronize things (or otherwise control thread-safety), you'd have to
subclass/wrap GenericObjectPool yourself.

In fact, come to think of it, SynchronizedGenericObjectPool may not be that bad
an addition to commons-pool.

Yoav Shapira

--- James Carpenter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What pool implementation of the Commons-Pool utility provides process based
> pooling as opposed to thread based pooling?  Remember that I need a process
> pool to circumvent issues with my JNI extended java code not being thread
> safe.  (The underlying C library being wrapped isn't thread safe.)
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/pool/

=====
Yoav Shapira
[EMAIL PROTECTED]