> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 10:50 AM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: RE: Finding exact Tomcat version
>

> http://tomcatfaq.sourceforge.net/miscellaneous.html

That won't help, since the Installer needs to know, not the webapp.

What is it about 4.1.24 that makes it required?  A bug fix?  The
presence of certain jar file versions ?  I'm just trying to think of a
way that maybe with the entry for CATALINA_HOME (from the registry) plus
file name checking, you might be able to 'fake it'.

Having said that, the easiest (and surest) way would be to let the thing
install, and have your application coded to check the version like Yoav
suggests. JIRA for example (www.atlassian.com) when it starts up will
check what container its running in, and if it detects "tomcat" then it
shuts off transactions.  I'm sure the run-time checking scheme is
probably used quite a bit.