Hello,

Thanks to the kind help of this group, I am now synchronizing against
double clicks using a session-based "lock" object added through an
HttpSessionListener.

However, when I restart tomcat, sessions are reloaded, but these objects
are lost.  In fact, anything I added to the session outside of the
listener... through normal session.setAttribute() calls in the jsp's... IS
reloaded.  The ONLY thing that isn't, is the lock object that I added in
the HttpSessionListener code.

Can someone clue me into what I'm doing wrong that is preventing the lock
object from being reloaded when tomcat is restarted?  (I'm guessing it has
to do with something not being serializable.)

Here is the code I'm using for the HttpSessionListener:

public class SessionListener implements HttpSessionListener {
    public void sessionCreated(HttpSessionEvent se) {
        HttpSession session = se.getSession();
        session.setAttribute("sessionLock", new Object());
    }

    public void sessionDestroyed(HttpSessionEvent se) {
        return;
    }
}

Thanks,