On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Jose Euclides da Silva Junior - DATAPREVRJ wrote:

> Thanks for your reply! My question regards on best practices on user
> authentication management. So, cookies is really the best choice, since my
> application offers  authentication/authorization   service, isnt it?
> Thanks again,
> Euclides.

Unless you're working with a set of clients that are completely in your
control, I'd venture to say no... relying on cookies is not the best
choice.  If your service is open to the public Internet, and you want to
have as much compatability as possible, then I would make sure that you
use URL rewriting everywhere that you have a link, redirect or a form
post.  That way, if their cookies are off, you will still maintain the
session with the user.

-Raiden