Hi all,

I have a servlet that receives a heavy load. I would like to process
multiple requests in parallel in order to increase throughput.

Tomcat creates one single instance of the servlet. This is right
according to servlet specification paragraph 3.2, but it does not suit
my needs.

I have tried extending SingleThreadModel and Tomcat does create multiple
instances, but I get the exact same throughput.

I have also tried launching a new thread for handling HttpServletRequest
& HttpServletResponse, but as soon as the servlet exits service(), the
response output stream gets closed by Tomcat.

Is there any spec compliant strategy to increase the number of requests
per second that a servlet can handle?

Thanks in advance,

Diego