Try setting the JAVA_HOME variable - either system-wide or in the startup.bat file

I had the same problem and it was a bit irritating - the java.endorsed.dirs variable
had nothing to do with the problem. It was only because JAVA_HOME was not set and it
precedes the -Djava... stuff in the line which starts Tomcat, -Djava... is interpreted
as the command... which of course doesn't make sense.

Torben

---
Torben Fruechtenicht
Developer
IT Solutions

UBIS AG                fon:   +49 30 39929-731
Dircksenstraße 42-44   fax:   +49 30 39929-900
D-10178 Berlin         email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Germany                web:   http://www.ubis-ag.com
---