Hi,

i use a tomcat 4.1.18 on a Linux RedHat 7.3
All my directories "images" are a linux link in my webapp, so i have put this on my server xml betwen the two tag "context"

<Resources className="org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext" allowLinking="true"/>

so it's work, but when i use the webapp admin in order to change some other parameters and when i commit, tomcat delete the line of my link....in my server.xml so i lost my images when he reboot...

Do you know why ?

Do you use all the time webapp admin ? or just a "vi" on the server.xml ?

I use the webapp admin, because i can make a change without shuting down tomcat, do you know how i must do for commiting change in my server .xml whithout restarting tomcat ?

thanks for your advice
Yannick