Hmm, sure you don't use a proxy connection toconnect to tomcat instead of mod_jk? :-)

My other guess would be to check Apache's httpd.conf for
UseCanonicalName and ServerName

If ServerName is my.hostname.com and UseCanonicalName is on Apache uses always Servername instead of the URL you typed in Browser,
if you want to keep the Browser typed URL set
UseCanonicalName Off