Well, I'm back again for some help.  I'm running Java 1.3.1, Tomcat 3.3.1

I have a small proof of concept java program which uses javax.mail and which
successfully sends off a note.

When I incorporate the proof of concept code into a servlet, I get:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/activation/DataSource

What am I missing that the straight Java code runs but the servlet can't seem to find
the parts used by the proof code?

Is there a general approach for dealing with NoClassDef errors?  I know that the
message indicates something other than ClassNotFound, but what really does it mean?
Pointers to existing doc gratefully received.

Thanks!

Regards,
Terry Fuller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]