//Invalidate session if inactive for more than 1 hour
if(!session.isNew()){ // skip new sessions
  Date hourAgo = new Date(System.currentTimeMillis() - 60*60*1000);
  Date accessed = new Date(session.getLastAccessedTime());

  if(accessed.before(hourAgo)) session.invalidate();
}

FIkayo Otun wrote:
Good day(Sir/ma), I am a java programmer just starting to explore the J2ee platform. I use jdk1.4.2... and tomcat to develop and deploy my servlet. I however need a way to end my session when ever I close my browser. I noticed when I close my browser my session will still be on. I am currently ussing servlet to develop an online apllication. I this I realy need to find A solution to my problem.

Fikayo, from Nigeria