Greetings,

I've searched the internet, found some hints, done some other fiddling
around, but for the life of me i can not get working tomcat 4.1 (linux)
with oracle 8.1.7 (solaris).

in catalina.out the error message is:

DBCP borrowObject failed: null

>From server.xml:

<Resource name="jdbc/ORACLE" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
  <ResourceParams name="jdbc/ORACLE">
    <parameter>
      <name>factory</name>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
      <name>maxActive</name>
      <value>20</value>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
      <name>maxIdle</name>
      <value>10</value>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
      <name>maxWait</name>
      <value>-1</value>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
     <name>username</name>
     <value>thisuser</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
     <name>password</name>
     <value>thatpasswd</value>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
       <name>driverClassName</name>
    </parameter>

    <parameter>
      <name>url</name>
        <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:1521:something</value>
    </parameter>
  </ResourceParams>

I think I've tried just about everything, which is why I'm not posting to
this list.  Hoping that someone has come across this.  I do not actually
see a connection being made to the oracle box from the tomcat box when I
have the URL as it is above.  If i get rid of 'thatschema' it will then
connect, and show up in listener.log but my application will hang and
there is no real data flow aside from the initial connection.

thanks.