Hello,

If I use error-page in web.xml, jsp compile and runtime errors are going to the error handler. If you use errorPage='error.jsp' only runtime errors are handled by my error page.

I put this in my web.xml:

        <error-page>
                <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
                <location>/progs/error.jsp</location>
        </error-page>

Now all exceptions are redirected to my error page. If Jasper throws an JasperException, because of a JSP compile error it is also handled by this page, but there is no exception in the error.jsp page. Because it is probably handled as a '500 Interal Server Error'.

How can I get the error/exception of this in my error.jsp?

If I put errorPage='/progs/error.jsp' in the jsp page, compile errors are displayed by tomcat and runtime error are redirected to my errorpage.

I hope my question is clear.

Greetings,

Ronald.