- Move the image to another context?
- absolute URL the image to another place?
- define many <url-pattern> - this could be done easily via slurping your access log and using perl

-Tim

Rick Roberts wrote:
Ahhh! Thanks. That makes complete sense.

I believe that is the correct thing to do.

Now I need to figure out a way to *easily* re-arrange my directories to handle *un-protected* and *protected* areas.

I currently have everything protected.

  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>
      <!-- Define the context-relative URL(s) to be protected -->
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>

This is a pretty large application with "JSP to servlet to JSP" communications.

I'm thinking that I really don't want to change all the URL references.

Any advice, other than just take the image out? :)

Tim Funk wrote:

(Guessing)
Put the image in an unprotected area. Since the image was the most recent request under a secutiry contraint, you are being redirected to that request on successfull login.

-Tim