Can anyone help me with custom class loaders in Tomcat.

I am trying to add a custom class loader that will retrieve classes from
a source other than the normal class path entries and cannot figure how
to get Tomcat to load my Class loader chained to WebappLoader.

I have tried entering the following code into server.xml

<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="1">
<Loader loaderClass="RemoteClassLoader" delegate="true"/>
</Context>

And this seems to throw no errors but does not get used or at any point
execute any code in the constructors of the class loader.

When I added a 'RemoteLoader' class which extended WebappLoader,
catalina threw a NoClassDefFoundError for WebappLoader. I assume this is
because catalina.jar has not yet been loaded, only bootstrap at this
point.

If anyone has successfully achieved a similar process could you help me
out.  I noticed Joe User had a similar question, if you figured it out
maybe you could point me in the rigth direction

Thanx in advance