I typically do:

NameVirtualHost *

VirtualHost *

I don't put port numbers on IP addresses in VirtualHost containers, I don't even use IP addresses there.

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerName server1.host.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
   ServerName server2.host.com
</VirtualHost>

John

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 17:58:24 -0700, Goehring, Chuck Mr., RCI - San Diego <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tried like below. Seams simple enough, but it complains about overlapping and localhost:0. All I want is two virtual hosts that are identical except for the protocol and port. I think I want overlapping in this case

#Listen 206.128.139.123:80
#Listen 206.128.139.123:443

Listen 80
Listen 443

ServerName dis.resourceconsultants.com

NameVirtualHost 206.128.139.123:80
NameVirtualHost 206.128.139.123:443

ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<VirtualHost 206.128.139.123:80>
        # Didn't like this <VirtualHost _default_:80>
DocumentRoot c:/apache/htdocs
#ServerName dis.resourceconsultants.com
ErrorLog logs/error_log.txt
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost 206.128.139.123:443>
        # Didn't like this <VirtualHost _default_:443>
DocumentRoot c:/apache/htdocs2
#ServerName dis.resourceconsultants.com
ErrorLog logs/error_ssl_log.txt
</VirtualHost>

And it complains about localhost and overlapping like

C:\Apache\bin>apache
[Mon Jul 14 18:07:49 2003] [warn] VirtualHost localhost:0 overlaps with VirtualH
ost localhost:0, the first has precedence, perhaps you need a NameVirtualHost di
rective
[Mon Jul 14 18:07:49 2003] [warn] VirtualHost 206.128.139.123:443 overlaps with
VirtualHost dis.resourceconsultants.com:0, the first has precedence, perhaps you
need a NameVirtualHost directive

Got any pointers

-----Original Message----- From: Atreya Basu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Friday, July 11, 2003 8:34 PM To: Tomcat Users List Subject: Re: Please help with unusual configuration

Yhea,

I do something similar using the virtualhost directive. It works great.

Rick Roberts wrote:

It doesn't sound like you are doing at all unusual.
It sounds like pretty normal HTTP/HTTPS apache/tomcat configuration.

Just have the firewall block port 80 traffic and have apache listen on ports 80 and 443.

Then outside traffic uses https://yoursite.gov (port 443) and inside traffic uses http://yoursite.gov (port 80)

1 Apache
1 Tomcat
1 computer