No. A servlet can be served by any port that the server is configured to.

For example, in a dev environment - I run apache on 80 and the standalone connectors on 8080. So in the dame tomcat instance, I can issue one request to port 80, then another to 8080 for the same servlet.

You can only (reliably) get the port used within the scope of that particualr request. Look at the HttpServletRequest object.

-Tim

Hans Schlenker wrote:
Hi!

Is there a way (apart from scanning the log files or reading config files) to get the port of the Connector of a Servlet from within Servlet.init()?

Hans Schlenker