I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24 and Struts in my web application.
I've just migrated to the final release of Struts and have run
into a few problems.

As many of you are aware, Struts removed commons-pool and
commons-dbcp from their distribution.  As it turns out, the releases
that they had provided in the RC (and beta) releases were newer than
those shipped with Tomcat 4.1.24.  In particular, many of the
delegate classes supported the getDelegate() method in the newer
releases.  I was using those in my application as I needed to operate
on the underlying ResultSet (Oracle).

Now that commons-pool and commons-dbcp are not provided my
application uses those provided with Tomcat but as I mentioned above
getDelegate() isn't available.

To fix it,
I've checked out commons from cvs and rebuilt the commons-collection,
commons-pool, and commons-dbcp packages and dropped them into
CATALINA_HOME/common/lib replacing the packages that shipped with
Tomcat.

My questions are:
Is this OK?
What are the issues that I should be aware of?

Thanks for your help
Kevin.