Howdy,

>I have tried to put it almost everywhere in my war file, but i keep
getting
>the nullpointerexcpetion.
>
>Anyone have advise on where to put it, or how to load it ??
>
>I use this code :
>
>//Initialise logger
>String resource = "\\WEB-INF\\log.xml";
>URL configFileResource = BidServerProxy.class.getResource(resource);
>DOMConfigurator.configure(configFileResource.getFile());

You can put log4j.xml in WEB-INF/classes and log4j will automatically
find it and configure itself.

If you want to configure log4j using the classloader resource loader,
the log4j.xml file has to be on the classpath: put it in WEB-INF classes
and use BidServletProxy.class.getResource("/log4j.xml");

If you want to configure log4j using the servlet context resource
loader, you can put log4j.xml anywhere under your docBase, e.g. under
WEB-INF, and use ServletContext#getResource("/WEB-INF/log4j.xml");

Use this URL, or the InputStream from URL.openStream(), as the argument
to the DOMConfigurator.  Don't use getFile() or other File I/O APIs.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.