I have apache connected to tomcat through mod_jk.

httpd.conf :

In my <VirtualHost> tag I put a :

JkMount xxx ajp13

server.xml :

<Connector  debug="0"
                acceptCount="10"
                minProcessors="5"
                maxProcessors="75"
                port="8009"
                className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"/>

<!-- I think this is not necessary because I use mod_jk and not mod_webapps: -->

<Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
            name="Apache"
            defaultHost="www.connecties.com"
            debug="0"
            appBase="webapps">

<Host name="www.connecties.com" debug="0" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true" >

        <Context path=""
                 docBase="/home/sites/home/web/Friss"
                 crossContext="true"
                 debug="0"
                 reloadable="false"
                 trusted="false" >

What's the problem :

I have a site called www.connecties.com. This contains (until now) only static pages.
I'm creating a testsite called Friss. this site contains jsp/servlet end static pages.
For testing purposes I want to connect to this site through my www.connecties.com web site.

I created a directory, called Friss, in the www.connecties.com directory.
In the Friss dir I copied all files belonging to the Friss site inclusive all subdirs.
If I point my browser to www.connecties.com I want my original site to show up.
If I point my browser to www.connecties.com/Friss I want the Friss site to show up.

With the settings as shown above I will get the Friss site when connecting to
www.connecties.com.

If I change the docBase, in the <Context> tag, to "/home/sites/home/web" I get my own
site : www.connecties.com.
If I would do www.connecties.com/Friss I will get the index.html page from the Friss site but as soon as I get to a jsp/servlet
I get compile errors because supporting classes can't be found. (In the previous example I didn't get the errors)

Can somebody tell me how to set this up so it will work as I hope it will?

Kind regards, Werner van Mook Java Lead Developer / Trainer Connecties Voor Internet