I put additinally following directives in my web.xml under
/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/:

<servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>invoker</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/servlet/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

NOW http://ww.MyDomain.com:8080/servlet/HttpTunnelingServletdc request the correct
servlet (via port 8080!)
(/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/com/net/chat/util/tunnel3/HttpTunnelingServlet.class)

But the same URL via port 80 still produces a 404 error although the other example
servlets of TomCat 4.1.24 work via port 80 (mod_jk ist installed).

Is it possible that I have to add further alias directives in mod_jk.conf to make a
request via port 80 - that means
http://ww.MyDomain.com:80/servlet/HttpTunnelingServletdc - successful too?

Best regards and thanks

Volker