Howdy,
Didn't spend much time with the servlet specification, huh? ;)

Right now you can't use a servlet as your default welcome file.  You can
use a JSP or a static HTML file.  (Or a couple of other things which you
probably don't want).  The next version of the servlet spec allows for
servlet welcome files, and tomcat 5 supports this feature.

The welcome files are configured in web.xml for your webapp.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.