Yes in the end I typed the lot into httpd.conf rather than use
server.xml cause I couldn't get it to automagically auto-generate
mod_jk.conf correctly for me. Works fine using Glenn Nielsen's doco,
nothing like vi-ing around, brings tears to one's eyes. Now lets see
whether I can switch on MD5 authentication for some of the virtual
hosts.
Oh yea, just in case anyone's stll interested in this thread, ajp
supports SSL and I think it has the facility to get info about
encryption and certificates. Don't know about WARP-ing betw Tomcat and
Apache.
Thanks again, John.