Hi Bill and others:

Thank you very much for you help.

I am employing the SUN JDK 1.4.1_03 in Red Hat Linux 9.0, with Tomcat
4.1.24. When you say that there is a bug in JSSE/PureTLS, I assume that
the bug is in the JDK, is that correct?

Only to confirm all my steps. What I'm doing is to include my client
cert like a trustcert in the server cert truststore...

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore",keyStore);
System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.keyStorePassword",keyStorePasswordCA);
Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

I employ the same code in the client part,  I get the following
exception:

bjavax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert:
bad_certificate
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.BaseSSLSocketImpl.b(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.b(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.HandshakeOutStream.flush(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_ax.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.j(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_az.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SunJSSE_ax.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(DashoA6275)
        at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(DashoA6275)ut

Thanks in advance,

Evaristo