Since "examples" is itself a webapp, you are setting yourself up for lots of grief trying to do what you are doing.

You want c:\tomcat 4.1\webapps\testapp

How you set the "action" parameter depends on the servlet-mapping you setup for that servlet in web.xml.

RTFM!

John

Lenandlar Singh wrote:

Hello,
I have the following directory structure for an application under Tomcat 4.1.
c:\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\examples\testapp\postform.html &
c:\Tomcat 4.1\webapps\examples\testapp\Web-inf\classes\ShowParameters.class
where testapp is my application directory.
How do i set the path for the "Action" attribute in postform.html?
Thanks.
Len.

Robert Wray <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
HTML files can be placed in a sub-directory of the webapps folder.
Servlets should be placed in a sub-directory of the webapps folder under /WEB-INF/classes

For example, if you installed tomcat to "c:\tomcat" and have an application called "testApp" you might have something like the following:

c:\tomcat\webapps\testApp\pictures\*.jpg
c:\tomcat\webapps\testApp\*.html
c:\tomcat\webapps\testApp\someotherdirectory\*.html
c:\tomcat\webapps\testApp\WEB-INF\web.xml
c:\tomcat\webapps\testApp\WEB-INF\classes\*.class
c:\tomcat\webapps\testApp\WEB-INF\classes\org\someorg\*.class
c:\tomcat\webapps\testApp\WEB-INF\lib\*.jar