Howdy,

>Combining your remarks with John's and now Andrews, I'm satisfied that
all
>really need to do to get everything working is put
>commons-fileupload-beta-1.0.jar in the /common/lib and put the
>commons-fileupload-1.0.jar in the /shared-lib and everything should
work
>correctly again.

That's suboptimal.  Put the beta fileupload back where it was, and put
the one you need in WEB-INF/lib.

>1. Where do I find a binary of the commons-fileupload-beta-1.0.jar? I
can

Download and reinstall tomcat 4.1.24.  Or download just fileupload from:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/index.html

>find the source for it but I don't have a C compiler so I need a
binary.

It's a java program, not C.  You have a java compiler.  See above URL.

>2. Why is the Tomcat on my Windows box working? I've deleted the beta
jar
>from /common/lib and everything still works fine there. I don't have
>another
>copy of either the beta or the 1.0 jar anywhere else in that copy of
>Tomcat.
>Shouldn't Tomcat on the Windows box be failing the same way? Mind you,
>don't import WAR files on the Window box; Eclipse and Sysdeo take care
of
>everything for me.

That's a problem with modern IDEs.  They take care of everything for
you, but when it comes time to deploy/test without the IDEs, you're
never quite sure where the right libraries are.  (By you I mean a
generic you, not Rhino specifically)

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.