That's what I do. I actually have an Include file for each VirtualHost, named hostname.conf. Then in httpd.conf, I have multiple includes:

Include conf/host1.conf
Include conf/host2.conf

This makes it easy to change things using external system scripts and "perl -pi -e" given a list of hostnames. For example, if you had 20 virtual hosts, and wanted to move the document roots for 10 of them to a new partition, you would do something like:

for hostname in `cat hostname.lst`
do
   perl -pi -e 's|old_docroot|new_docroot|g' conf/$hostname.conf
done

John

Bill Saez wrote:

Plus I figure I can create a file myself that I can include...that would
keep things clean.

Bill