Realms are loaded by the container (Tomcat), so I think you need to put them in your server/lib or server/classes directories.

Derek

Hung Tang wrote:
Hi there,

How do I create my own custom realm and plug it into
Tomcat for my web application? I created CustomRealm
that implements Realm. But when I added a <realm>
element in my context.xml and loaded up my
application, it complained that CustomRealm could not
be found (ClassNotFoundException).

My CustomRealm class is in my <app>/WEB-INF/classes
directory so I'm sure (as far as my application is
concerned) that the class is in the proper classpath. I also placed the file in tomcat.home/common/lib but
the error still persists.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm using Tomcat 4.1.24

Derek Chen-Becker
Senior Network Engineer
CPI Corp, Inc.
1706 Washington Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: 314-231-1575 x6014
Fax:   314-613-6724
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Key available from public key servers
Fingerprint: 1C34 D81E D8A0 641D 6C8C  E952 3B15 693F 9184 BC58