Yes, but, would tomcat then start with the windows startup ?

and every time i take down the server for a new deployment, would i then need to restart windows all over again for tomcat to start ? That ain't a very good solution, is there not any other way i can do this ?

Thanx for ur response.

From: John Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: how 2 start tomcat from ms-dos command prompt without creating a new window ?
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:26:42 -0400

Install Tomcat as a service.

John

Me myself wrote:

i have an question about how to start the tomcat servlet container as an windows-process from the ms-dos command prompt without getting a new cmd-window.

Its that when i start my java server with STARTUP it makes a new
command window and starts the new process in this
new window.

i know what in unix one can write nohup before calling the startscript
too not to kill the process if u close ur telnet window,
there has to be a way 2 do this, i hope u understand my question,
thanx