I am trying to integrate iPlanet 4.1 and Tomcat 4.1.24 on a Solaris 8. I have had some level of success but have encountered some very frustrating problems.

I have searched extensively for documentattion that might help me but have come up empty handed.

My biggest problems rghts now are
a) The remoteUser is not being passed from iPlanet to Tomcat. My JSPS are reading the remoteUser using the request.getRemoteUser() method. I am using the RequestDumperValve to see what is being passed to Tomcat. The remoteUser value is invariably set to "null". I looked at the source code for the version of nsapi_connector.so that I built from jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.1.24.src. It looks to be assigning to remoteUser the value of auth-user in the request->vars pblock. this value is definitely set in that pblock. Not sure why it doesn't get set in the request sent to Tomcat
b) On many requests for jsps, tomcat returns a jasper exception which says "oracle/jdbc/pool/OracleDataSource" I am assuming it is not finding this class. I have this class in an archive in the applications WEB_INF/lib directory. This archive is a .zip file. Does anyone know if the classpath that Tomcat dynamically builds for applications looks for .zip files? Perhaps it is only looking for .jar archives?