I've built it many times on 2.7 ;-).  On 2.6, I've only ever built version
1.1 (the one that ships with TC 3.3).  The PITA part of the process is to
install the GNU tools that it requires.  This means 'libtool', 'autoconf',
'automake', and 'GNU make'.  Also, at least while you are building, 'GNU
make' needs to be in front of 'Solaris make' in your path.

"Max Jester" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Help!

I am having trouble building mod_jk.so on Solaris 2.6 - and the binary
directory for
2.6 at the jakarta site is empty.  Has anyone actually succeeded in
getting it built
from source?  The instructions don't seem to refer to the actual
directory layout.

Or, failing that, can anyone point me to an ftp site that has the built
module?

Thanks
Max