From: John Turner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 3:10 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: (Symbolic) Links in Windows

According to the docs, it should work just fine:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/context.html

"The Document Base (also known as the Context Root) directory for this
web application, or the pathname to the web application archive file (if
this web application is being executed directly from the WAR file). You
may specify an absolute pathname for this directory or WAR file, or a
pathname that is relative to the appBase directory of the owning Host."

You're saying an absolute pathname for a docBase that is outside the
CATALINA_HOME/webapps directory doesn't work?  What's the error message?

John