Since you are passing your session id through URL, the url string must contain
the jsessionid parameter, i.e., you have to encode it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Wichman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: July 29, 2003 11:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: sessionids through url rewriting

Hi,
I've read in the servlets specs that tomcat must support session management
through url rewriting, but nothing happens when I disable the cookies
(testing in netscape 7, since ie 6 sp1 can't disable the cookies).

I have one servlet, let's call it /myServlet, which implements a command
like pattern wrapping a result generating application, for example I call
the servlet with
1)
localhost:8080/myServlet?command0=load&argument0=&command1=init&argument=1&queue
length=2

The servlet parses the command and arguments into command objects and
passes them onto an instance of an application which is stored in each
users session (each user has his own instance of the application), the
application processes the request using templates blablahblah and the
servlet gets all the generated content using getResult() dumping it into
the output stream of the servlet.

Where in this process should the automatic url rewriting occur? I haven't
got a clue....
Does my own request (see 1) overwrite any jsessionid that should
automatically be added ? Is url rewriting only supported directly from
hyperlinks in a jsp page?

Hope anyone can help, I'm using apache tomcat/4.1.24 (and not 4.1.23 ;-))

Hans