I prefer to use tags/labels to store that information.
This way you can use the query interface of the vcs
to retrieve the changes for a given bug id.

I'm not aware of any open sourece project that let you do
this automagically. There are version control systems and
there are bug/issue/request tracking systems, but I havn't
seen an integrated solution by now. (There are some
integrations, but those I'm aware of use the integration
do the versioning of bug report, not to connect a bugreport
with the changes in the sources)

(But I haven't spent much time in reseach for an integrated
solution, as I'm quite happy with the tagging approach in
CVS and in past in ClearCase)