Venkatesh K. Kesavan wrote:
>   I have been using tomcat 4.0 till date and recently I upgraded to
> 4.1.24. My application is working in 4.1.24 but tomcat server screen
> shows the error "[Fatal Error] :2:5118: Content is not allowed in
> trailing section."  whenever I open any jsp.(error repeated till the
> jsp
> is completely displayed in the browser). I don't get this error in
> tomcat 4.0. Why is this error due to? How do I correct it? Thanks in
> advance for your help.

We recently moved from 4.0.4 to 4.1.24 and got a similar error - but
after some research, I found that error was due to another upgrade we
did, from JDK 1.4.1 to JDK 1.4.2. The main app we use uses a lot of XML,
and we needed a newer version of xalan.jar (I think 2.5.1 was the one we
needed)(got it from the apache.org site) to put in
{CATALINA_HOME}/lib/endorsed. This *might* fix your problem...

--
Lynn Hollerman.