The LE edition does contain the conf files as well (I have downloaded several versions, and all of them contain the conf files).

The "light" in "Light Edition" refers to the included XML parsers, as they are not necessary when running Tomcat with JDK 1.4.x

Thomas

John Turner schrieb:

No. Not sure what file you got, but a full distribution of Tomcat (not LE) has a number of files in the conf directory. Remember to use GNU tar.

John

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hey,
I have decided to start over so I went to the Jakarta website and downloaded
tomcat 4.1.24 and the conf directory is empty - is it suppose to be this way?

Thanks,
Bobbie

Bobbie Atristain
Internet Systems Administrator