DEEPAK BHATIA wrote:

> We have libelf and libconv directories in the /usr/src/cmd/sgs.
>
> How are these related to the dynamic linker directory rtld ?

libelf contains the elf(3ELF) family of routines.

libconv contains a number of conversion routines that translate
numeric elf information into symbolic strings.

libelf is used by ld.so.1 to provide dldump(3c) functionality.
ie. an ELF file is rewritten into a new ELF file.

libconv is used by ld.so.1 to provide better error diagnostics.
ie:
     ld.so.1: main: fatal: libclass.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

where ELFCLASS64 numerically has the value 2.

--

Rod.