Darren J Moffat wrote:

> So should we go with the five tags that describe the functionality or
> should I see if we can reduce it based on what sets each chip the vendor
> has shipped actually supports ?  I believe that would only get us down
> to three tags from five rather than a single tag.

I always steer towards "simpler is better". :-)  But you simply need
to uncover the issues, arguments, etc. (as you are doing here) and
define your requirements and proposals in a fast-track ARC case.  The
ARC are going to want to know all the information anyway.

Obviously, there's nothing to stop adding more tags later, so for now
perhaps focus on your immediate needs.

Once the ARC blesses you, you simply need to make the kernel capable
of setting the tags, and updated the "common/elfcap" components so
that all our tools can operate on the new tags.

--
Rod