Hi

Well, I guess I didn't explain the goal.
Currently they use all studio tools for SPARC.
They now have a large installation of RH linux and they're
using gcc for that.

The idea is to convert from gcc to studio tools, which will then
open the avenue to moving to Solaris x64.

The support arrangement from RH is essentially unacceptable to them.

So they're looking to use studio tools on x86/x64 hardware, and all
on linux to start with.  They would like some kind of paper that lines
out the strategy for using studio tools at first with full GCC compatibility,
then eventually change the compilations to use standard native studio
options, then hopefully take the code from linux to brandz, then to
Solaris x64.  Then if some apps are high profile and need high reliability
may then be easily recompiled on sparc to be moved to big iron.

So they're looking for documentation to allow them to go through this
trail.  They're not looking for gcc compatibility for sparc, but mainly
to start with gcc compatibility on x86/x64 and then move the other way.

There's lots of papers out there for migrating from Solaris to Linux.
I'm essentially looking for papers moving from Linux to Solaris and how
to use the Studio tools to get there.  This would include the command line
options for each step along the way.  This would make an excellent Blueprint.

bk